Monday, June 15, 2009

Why Write This Blog?

I meet too many young women who think that they have to be saved from the agony of birth by the technology, drugs, and interventions found in the average hospital birth.

I will relate my personal experiences, and that of other women I know, that influenced me to choose another route.

I believe that the interventions that are used today will be found in the future to be as harmful to mother and baby as the routine X-rays performed on pregnant women in earlier decades.

The U.S. morbidity and mortality rate of infants and mothers has not improved in many years, and is much worse than many other industrialized countries.

I will provide resources that back up my opinions in the hope it will help someone have a better experience of birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment